The Westphalian licensing of 2016 was marked by an outstanding lot of show jumpers which shone brilliantly at free jumping. Among those, one stallion was especially remarkable: Karajan. All experts agreed, his free jumping was sensational: with overview, perfect manner and boundless capacity. A stallion with a good face, correct foundation, supple body and outstanding basic gaits.
His phenomenal pedigree carries three Olympic fathers, who dominate international show jumping. Kannan, currently No. 14 in the world rankings, is father of Nino de Buissonnets (Steve Guerdat), the Olympic champion of 2012 and fourth of Rio 2016. Verdi, still actively participating in sports at the age of 14, won the silver medal with the Dutch team in London and the Gold medal at the World Championships and the European Championships.
Cornet Obolensky, currently No. 8 in the world rankings, was represented by six offspring in Rio. Six million Euros in lifetime earnings were won by his offspring.
The falling dam line carries Lincoln L by Landadel, who won international jumping Grand Prix, as well jumping stallions Don Juan and Servus. The dam line provided licensed stallions Samorano and Sulaiky v.d. Helle by Stakkato, as well as Cornet Session and Coloseo by Cornet Obolensky.
- In 2022, Karajan and Marco Kutscher finished third in the final of the Fundis Youngster Tour at the World Cup in Leipzig and were placed in numerous advanced (S) level show jumping competitions at international level. In 2021 and 2022, Karajan stayed clear in 33 consecutive rounds in international show jumping competitions.
His daughter Laurena (Karajan-Casiro) was awarded best jumping mare of the year at the DSP.
- In 2021, Karajan was successful internationally in advanced level show jumping competitions with his new rider Marco Kutscher. At the Hanoverian licensing in Verden his son and former Medinger Auction foal, Karajan's Stern by Karajan-Canturano I (breeder: Wilhelm Bollhorst) get licensed. The son of Karajan-Diarado, bred by Karl-Heinz Krümmelbein, is licensed at the Mecklenburg licensing days.
- In 2020, Karajan won several medium level jumping competitions, the Hanoverian Jumping Championships in Verden with 9.2 points and he qualified to the German National Young Horse Championships again. His son Kataro by Karajan-Perigueux (breeder: Otto Sölzer) was licensed in Verden.
- In 2019, Karajan finished the second part of his sports test for licensed stallions with the overall score of 9.65 points as champion. He received 10 points for potential and overall impression each (Here you will find the individual results - please click on the text). For rideability and gallop he scored 9.80 points. Karajan won and placed in jumping horse tests up to medium level and qualified to the German National Young Horse Championships.
- In 2018, Karajan won several jumping horse tests of novice and elementary level. He finished the sports exam in Verden with an overall score of 9.02 and the emphasis on jumping and e score of 9.5 for potential.
Karajan's first year of foals impressed with above average movements, good type and harmonic frames.
- In 2017, Karajan finished his outstanding 14-day performance test with the overall score of 8.90 and a score of 9.28 in jumping.
- In 2016, Karajan became show jumping champion stallion at the Westphalien licensing.
We offer you uncomplicated handling and fair conditions. If you have any questions about the stallions or our covering conditions, please call us at +49 5821 98 68 19
Find our latest coverage conditions here