A champion from top to toe. Borsalino enthuses at all points. Type, charisma, interior, quality of movements. A large stallion with a good foundation and outstanding basic gaits, coming from strong hindquarters with high elasticity and always in rhythm.
Father Boston was champion stallion in England and finished a very good 30-day stallion performance test in Neustadt/Dosse. Boston’s father Jazz was leading the world ranking of dressage horses for many years and was KWPN Stallion of the Year in 2011. He won many international Grand Prix tests. His most successful dressage offspring is Jerich Parzival, who ruled international dressage with rider Adelinde Cornelissen for years. Grandfather Cocktail won countless Grand Prix competitions with rider Anky van Grundsven.
Borsalino‘s dam line received many important premiums. It provided numerous sports horses. The mother‘s father, Fidermark, was victorious at Grand Prix tests and promoted the line of Florestan internationally. The second mother provided Rostropowitsch, who was successful at Grand Prix tests with rider Christoph Koschel. Through Coriograf B and Landadel, this elite dam line carries the excellent Holstein blood that was positively influencing the Holstein and Oldenburg breeding for years.
- In 2020, his son Balmain by Borsalino-His Highness was licensed in Schlieckau after finishing his 14-day test. At the auction in Medingen, Boots for Walking by Borsalino-Quattro (breeder: Dr. Joachim Timmermann) was sold for 285,000 €.
- In 2019, Barcelona by Borsalino-Danone I-Friendship (breeder: Michael Schenk, Römsted) became vice championesse at the German National Young Horse Championships in Warendorf. Bellissima (Borsalino-Distelzar-De Niro) and Bond Girl (Borsalino-De Niro-Weltmeyer) were awarded premium at the Herward-von-der-Decken Show and were sold for top prices at the auction in Medingen. At the licensing in Verden, two of his sons were licensed.
- In 2018, two of his sons from his first year were licensed. The son of Borsalino – His Highness was awarded premium and sold to state stud Celle. His foals were sought-after, 7 foals were sold at the autumnal auction for an average price of 28,600 Euros.
- In 2017, Borsalino finished his sports horse test with the final score of 8.87 points and 9.5 points for rideability.
At the auction in Medingen, his son Buster Keaton was sold for 56,000 Euros.
- In 2016, Borsalino shone at the sports exam for licensed stallions in Schlieckau with the following marks: Trott: 9.0, gallop 9.5, walk 8.5, rideability 8.7, overall impression 8.8 and final score 8.89.
His first year of foals was outstanding and fetched top prices. At the Klosterhof auction, Backstage by Borsalino – De Niro – Caprimond was knocked down for 120,000 Euros and Bitter Lemon by Borsalino – Danone I – Latimer for 70,000 Euros. Ten auctioned foals fetched an average price of 29,200 Euros.
- In 2015, Borsalino finished his 30-day stallion performance test in Neustadt/Dosse. With 8.51 points, Borsalino received the best final score of the stallions with emphasis on dressage.