Our covering conditions
for the breeding season 2021
A breeder who has a mare covered accepts the following terms and conditions:
1. The covering conditions of the respective breeding associations apply in general. The covering season starts on February 1st and ends on August 15th.
2. Ordering of semen:
We request your order by phone. To have semen sent out at the same day, please call Monday to Friday by 10 am and on Saturdays by 9:30 am.
We can only process your order if it includes: Requested stallion, name and complete address of the mare‘s owner, the breeding association to be notified, shipping address, name and address of the administering veterinarian, particulars of the mare: Name and life number, pedigree, age, colour and markings. Before the first insemination the breeder has to disclose if he intends to conduct an embryo transfer. Please note that the stud fee has to be paid for every flushed embryo.
3. The breeding certificates (Deckscheine) have to be submitted to the owner of the stallion at the beginning of the covering season.
Without the breeding certificates, the covering can not be registered with the breeding associations. An additional service fee is charged if the breeding certificate is provided after the August 1st.
The stud fee has to be paid in advance of shipping.
If the requested stallion is taking part in a tournament, deep frozen semen will be used. Please phone in for the special conditions for deep frozen sperm.
Stallions, especially young stallions, who are covering for the first time, will be registered in the stallion book 1 (Hengstbuch I) after they have completed and passed their stallion performance test. Only afterwards the foals can be fully registered. If a stallion does not achieve the registration in the stallion book 1 (Hengstbuch I), the breeding association can only issue a certificate of birth. The breeder bears the full risk.
Please make an early reservation if the requested stallion is highly in demand.
There is no refund if a stallion drops out during the covering season. The paid stud fee can be credited against another stallions stud fee.
4. As EU-approved insemination station, we send out fresh semen at your request. Shipping charges will be added separately. Shipments on weekends are possible after prior consultation, but the shipping charges will be higher. Please call in for more details.
Shipping containers have to be sent back post paid; otherwise we have to charge for them.
If the delivery of semen is delayed after due time, please notify us immediately. Otherwise we have to charge you for shipping.
The bill disclosed the 10.7% VAT according to § 24 UstG. This tax takes precedence over the taxexempt Intra-Community supply and can not be deducted. The charged VAT might be reimbursable according to § 59 - 61 a UstDV within a separate VAT refund procedure. Regarding the time limit and other details we recommend consulting a tax advisor.
5. With the delivery of the mare or the ordering of semen you accept our terms and conditions.
The daily rate for accommodation of mares is 15 Euros, for mares with foals 20 Euros. When the mare is successfully seeded or the gestation has been asserted by a veterinarian, the day rate rises to 25 Euros, respectively 30 Euros for mares with foals. The accommodation is at the risk of the mares’ owner. It is agreed upon, that a veterinarian will be called at the mare owners’ expense if the stallion owner considers it necessary.
All mares have to undergo cervical testing while in heat, except mares with foals. Medical attendant is Dr. med. vet. Bernd Ekrod.
6. Additional special regulations:
If your mare has not conceived or has resorbed, we will credit you half of the paid stud fee in the next season, provided you submit a veterinarian confirmation by December 1st. This consideration is not possible, if your confirmation is late.
If your mare has been covered first time after July 1st and has not conceived or has resorbed, you will receive a free covering within the respective price range. Please note that your veterinarian confirmation has to be submitted by December 1st as well.
7. The stallions owner is only liable for damages of the mares owner that have been caused deliberately or due to gross negligence by himself or a vicarious agent. This liability exclusion applies to damages occurring during the housing of the mare and damages occurring through the procedures of the covering. The stallions owner is not liable for damages caused by third parties. The mare‘s owner has to have a liability insurance to cover for the risks of owning and keeping a horse (Tierhalterhaftpflicht). He has to verify this insurance on demand.
The stallions can be visited daily after advance notification. Please understand that on weekends we are only available between 10 am and noon.
Sparkasse Uelzen Lüchow Dannenberg
IBAN: DE91 2585 0110 0001 0065 50
Court of Jurisdiction: Uelzen